Saturday, January 11, 2014

Project: Programming: December 28th 2013

1. During this part of the project, I took what I learned earlier, and programmed my routers. Properly working routers are essential to a working network, so I took my time and made sure everything was right and programmed correctly so ensure a good connection between devices in my network.

2. During this part of the project, I learned that research is VERY helpful. My previous research made programming my routers a breeze. I also learned that plans aren't always set in stone. I learned this because I had planned to program my routers one week before I set up my network. I realized that that made no sense, I can't program my routers with IP addresses if I don't even know what IP addresses I would use or need. Therefore, I had to move this part back a week and program the routers during the setup of my project.

3. This took me 1 hour. I had two routers, and both needed to be programmed. I went through each router making sure the configuration was correct and would allow a proper connection. After this, I tested each router every way I could, and when I found errors in the programming I would fix the errors and re-test.

No comments:

Post a Comment