Saturday, January 11, 2014

Project: Virtual server: December 21st 2013

1. For this part I downloaded a virtual server software. I did this because I wanted to practice setting up a domain controller the provides necessary services that allow a network to work properly (like DHCP and DNS). Servers are essential to a network, and so I used this part of my project to allow me to familiarize myself with a server and how to set it up.

2. This made me learn the importance of practice. I say this because I ran into many problems with the virtual server. But I was able to work through these problems and fix them, that way when I really had to set up a server I already knew how to do so. I still ran into problems, but I knew how to fix them, or at least, how to troubleshoot them.

3. This took me about 2 hours. It took so long because, I first had to download the software. After this, I spent a lot of time setting up the server. I took my time so I didn't miss anything, that way I would set up a good server that wouldn't have a lot of problems right off the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment